deadlock on some X environments

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jan 8 17:42:03 CST 2004

Ferenc Wagner <wferi at afavant.elte.hu> writes:

> XFree86 4.2.0.  Tell me if you are interested in further
> logs or whatever.

OK, there's a known locking problem in Xrender in Xfree 4.2, so that's
why (in fact there are many Xrender bugs in that version, you may want
to upgrade).

Anyway, we'll probably have to get rid of XInitThreads for now, and
leave Linux threading a few more years to catch up. After all Windows
has only had working threads for what, 10 years now. Sigh...

> Btw, is something wrong with
> my LoadStringA tests?  They pass here...

No, it just got drowned out by other patches. I'll move it back up in
the queue.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com