Is it time to delete wineinstall?

Dan Kegel dank at
Wed Nov 17 10:28:37 CST 2004

M-Halo wrote:
> Since then, I've compiled other apps with configure/
> make/ make install ... yet, I find myself still using
> wineinstall for installing Wine from source.
> Keep Wineinstall... it's vital.

OK, let's keep it, but let's migrate everything interesting
from it into,, or winecreateprefix.
Then wineinstall can just be the one-line script
    configure && make depend && make && make install
and we won't have to ask people which way they built wine;
with or without wineinstall will yield exactly the same results.
- Dan

Trying to get a job as a c++ developer?  See