dbghelp functions are A only

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Oct 7 10:40:40 CDT 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Vincent Béron wrote:
> Also, I noticed quite a lot of prototypes in dbghelp.dll from MSDN with
> PTSTR or PCTSTR types for strings instead of LPTSTR. Should the
> prototype in dbghelp.h and the actual implementation use PTSTR or

TSTR is the same as TCHAR: it's either ANSI or UNICODE depending on
whether UNICODE is defined or not. Their use is forbidden in Wine.

> The origin of all this is because following email from François
> yesterday about winapi_check, I wanted to add the types for each dll in
> win32.api to reduce the number of lines emitted by the tool, but I have
> questions as to how to do it properly.

Here's a question I meant to ask... What's the purpose of win16.api and
win32.api? Why do we need them?

                          Stolen from an Internet user:
               "f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng !"