[Fwd: Problems installing IE6]

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Mon Sep 27 03:31:48 CDT 2004

Joaquín Fernández wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to install IE6 in wine but i can't. When the installer is
> over 70% then stop and not
> advance. I have made a clean fake disk the three times, i probed with
> WINEDLLOVERRIDES for each dll
> used by IE installation, i use winedebug for seeking an error but no
> error, the installer is
> refreshing the windows without errors but don't advance.

IIRC this is caused by the IE installer overwriting regedit.exe via the
symlink in the virtual windows drive with a PE equivalent, which Wine
then fails to parse and the install deadlocks.

I'm not sure how to solve this in the code, but for now Joaquin I'd
recommend reinstalling Wine itself, making sure all the Wine files
wherever you installed them to are read only, and the trying to install
IE again.

thanks -mike