Graphical debugging instead of winedbg

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 19:45:17 CST 2005

 --- Ann and Jason Edmeades
<us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >KDBG seems to be working ok, except when I select
> run
> >winedbg reports
>
> >Unknown packet request vCont?
> >00000015:00000016: exception code=0x406d1388
>
> >http://www.rons.net.cn/htp/gdb/gdb_33.html
>
> >vCount should be valid so I'll see if I can find
> out
> >what's not going on.
>
> >I've tried ddd and get the same error.
>
> Weird - I just cannot get things working with this
> one. I'm happy to try any
> graphical environment, or update portions of my
> Linux to get it working -
> Any suggestions on where to start?

I'm also running with

bash-2.05b# gdb --version
GNU gdb 6.2.1
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General
Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it
under certain conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show
warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu".

Jason, VCont's almost finished (well pending testing)
I'll send through a patch if you want to test it
first.

I've got a couple of nasties[lockups] in d3d9 that I
want to make sure have nothing to do with d3d9, and
winedbg was getting a bit too tricky to drill down
through structures and check pointers, with kdbg can I
do that easly.