World Of Warcraft

Tom twickline at sitestar.net
Thu Feb 17 06:25:18 CST 2005

Andreas Mohr wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 02:08:47PM +0000, Oliver Stieber wrote:
>

>>>		2) Is there any sort of goal that the people
>>>working on d3d9 dlls have set as far as a date they
>>>would like to have it done by?  Or is it just one of
>>>those "It will be done when it's done" sort of
>>>things?
>>>

>>...Last month!
>>

>Good attitude! :)
>

>>I'm not sure what I'm going to work on next, possibly
>>more 'completeness' and performance in DirextX 9 to
>>give applications a good chance of running as well as
>>games, or maybe some d3dx9 work so that winelib can
>>compile more DirextX 9, or maybe try getting
>>Microsofts new GUI Avalon working under wine.
>>
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C8F904E1-B4CA-402B-ACCF-AAA2BD60DA74&displaylang=en
>>

>I'm certainly not authorized to tell you what to do,
>but what benefit would Avalon bring us?
>It's not even really released, i.e. its applicability
>should be very limited.
>
>OTOH almost perfect support for DX9 games would be MUCH
>more useful IMHO, since lack of gaming support is the #1 reason
>for many people for not being able to switch to Linux...

I would only add that the "Key features missing" section of:
http://www.oliverthered.f2s.com/projects/wine/
would be nice to see as well. most notably "DirectX 8 intergration of
the above" and there is still
some room for improvements even in DX 1-7.
As Andi has already pointed out, were not the ones to try and tell
someone what to do :-)

Thanks from me as well...... Hell of a job thus far!

Tom