[user32/tests/sysparams.c] Check for availability of SPI_GETICONTITLEWRAP

Justin Chevrier jchevrier at nexicom.net
Wed Jan 26 07:31:50 CST 2005

Paul Vriens wrote:

>>>jchevrier at nexicom.net wrote:
>>>

>>It appears that for whatever reason that call isn't implemented there. I
>>did a clean install of Windows 98SE here from CD to make sure my install
>>wasn't tainted and the test passes fine (save for the non existant
>>Registry value). I have not done any updates through Windows update
>>

>But that's exactly what's wrong. The current test doesn't check if the
>call is implemented. It then tries to read the entry (which is not there)
>and creates one afterwards. All subsequent test will succeed now, because
>the implementation is not checked and the key is left there.
>
>Just add a trace after the call as I did to check if the call is implemented.
>

>>however and it is as it was installed from the CD. Maybe this call was
>>removed by some of the updates? I find that odd tho. I'm just taking
>>wide guesses now but is it an English (North American) version of
>>Windows? Colour depth?
>>
>>I'll do the updates through Windows Updates next and see if that changes
>>anything. Did you just do critical updates?
>>

>Yep.
>

>>Justin
>>

>Paul

Yeah, you can't go wrong there (adding a trace after the call). I am
more interested in finding out why a call isn't implemented in one copy
of Windows 98SE but is in another. Currently in the tests a fair number
are executed without checking for an error code. This is due to the
assumption that they are implemented on all recent versions of Windows
(95, 98, NT, 2000, etc). Finding calls here and there not being
implemented on versions of Windows that should have them throws a wrench
into that. We should probably just check the error code on all calls
(whether they're expected to pass on all platforms or not).

Justin