STI, device drivers and stuff

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 12:16:38 CST 2005

Hi,

--- "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> wrote:
> > 2. STI has kernel mode components to deal USB / SCSI /
> > serial / parallel ports. Is there any attempt to bring
> > kernel mode support into Wine (ReactOS/Wine merger?)
> > any time soon? If not, should I implement USB support
> > using libusb in user-space?
>
> Wine is purely user-space, so yes, use libusb I guess.

CrossOver is using libusb for the iPod stuff. There is little chance of sharing
much of the hardware support with ReactOS however the higher level stuff is being
shared such as setupapi. Having a wineserver thread or something that acts like the
umpnpmgr on Windows would allow us to share a bit more code as well.

Thanks
Steven