bug 2398: OpenGL, child windows, and wine

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Tue Oct 18 13:35:27 CDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 12:08:04AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> I'm tempted to say skip the workaround, at least for
> the first pass, and just implement the real fix using
> the opengl extension.  As Sippel said, people who
> use apps like Lightwave (and maybe Quake3 Radiant :-)
> tend to have the latest 3d hardware and drivers anyway.

I would tend to do the reverse. First code what works on all cards / drivers
(that would be pbuffers which are pretty much supported on all cards that I
know of) and then only code the 'fast path' if any.

> What do other people think?  Has anybody started
> looking at fixing this yet?

I am aware of the issue since WineConf 2004 but never had the time /
motivation / knowledge to fix it.

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/