Direct3D, the kernel and ReactOS

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sat Apr 1 04:54:07 CST 2006

Am Samstag, 1. April 2006 11:53 schrieb Lionel Ulmer:
> On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 11:45:18AM +0200, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> > Ms has to document all this, because the device drivers sit on the other
> > side of this interface if I'm not mistaken.
>
> Of course it is documented for people in companies like NVIDIA or other
> IHVs, but well, it's not publicly documented (AFAIK - I would gladly be
> proven otherwise).
>
> I would not be surprised to see the full DDK documentation coming with
> license agreements or NDAs.
Hm.
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/ddk/ServerSP1DDKEULA.mspx

Didn't read that fully yet, but if I find the time I'll read it. I think the
source code of the reference rasterizer comes with the driver development
kit. But I know that I shouldn't try to get hold of the DDK before checking
the license. Well, I guess it's a no-no for Wine developers :-|