Unixfs as ShellFSFolder?

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.org
Tue Jan 17 12:55:17 CST 2006

> From: Michael Jung
>
> What do people think about getting rid of shfldr_fs.c in the
> long run, in order to remove the redundancy? Does ReactOS use
> wine's shell32.dll? I guess it would be a problem for them?

Yes, we do and yes, it would be a problem... We don't import the
shfldr_unixfs.c file because we have no use for it. I haven't really looked
at the unixfs stuff, but I'm wondering if it's perhaps possible to use an
inheritance mechanism? shfldr_fs and shfldr_unixfs could both inherit from a
common implementation, we can tack on some internal routines to the existing
vtable. Redundancy between the two can then be eliminated by extracting the
common code to the "base class" which would call through the vtable to the
internal routines.
If this is only for the benefit of ReactOS then of course I would be willing
to put in the work to make it happen.

Gé van Geldorp.