Shell integration

Ulrich Czekalla ulrich.czekalla at utoronto.ca
Fri Jun 16 07:54:04 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 11:26:02AM +0100, Robert Shearman wrote:
> I don't think it is. I think it would be better to start off with by
> just doing the shell integration in shell32. If a framework like this is
> needed, then it will become obvious later on.

That's why I like the idea of using COM. All the infrastructure is already
there. For now we can implement the trash shell object inside shell32 and
if someone wants to write a OS/X version all they need to do is override a
registry key. Other shell integration objects can even be implemented
out-of-proc in the explorer process all this can be cleanly hidden from the
shell32 code that uses it.

/Ulrich