[OT] Re: Why winetools is utterly useless, once and for all.

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 08:55:07 CST 2006

On 3/29/06, Segin <segin2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
>
> * On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Karl Lattimer wrote:
>
>  And also, accusing people of having an IQ of 0 for replying to a flame
> isn't in the slightest constructive,
>
> Hardly. I have actually done something good. I got people to addresses the
> Winetools problem a bit early. Sure, it would have gotten adressed anyways,
> but only after enough complains come rolling in, months or years from now.
> When I sent the flame, i had a purpose, a plan, and a hoped outcome. The end
> result was nothing but good, so why shun me? I was just getting a matter
> addressed before we have no choice but to address it. We can't just put it
> off forever, you know.

It was already being addressed in the wine tools -> wine doors thread.  So
your flame (more like attack) did nothing good at all that wasnt already
being done.  Next time you have something that you want done (or addressed)
just bring it up in a new thread, and dont be so rude about it.  You will
find a much more positive result (as opposed to 3 threads all going on about
how bad of you it was to say what you said to the doc in private).

I haven't written any patches, namely because my eariler code changes i find
> cause signal 11. Recently I am working on something that will be offloaded
> months from now (if i dont find it to be too fustrating) as a huge diff, so
> keep your eyes peeled. If it doesn't work on either of my systems, it's
> broken, and sending a diff is a waste of everybody's time.

I wouldn't do it in a huge diff.  Break it up, because I have noticed that
AJ usually wont commit huge diffs as is.

Tom