Mem usage in Mac OSX

Nick Burns adger44 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 2 12:25:14 CDT 2006

All the following have this VM ~=4GB on startup -- its not a leaking
problem... (afaict)

OGL/D3D -- WinRAR, GTAVC, Tribes2, (FlatOutDemo -- even thou it dies on
startup now -- still gets to ~4GB), SHOGO

NON-GL -- cmd (not even using X11), winecfg, StreamDown, MS VC++ 6,
MS+Connentix VPC (even thou it uses a driver and will not start correctly),
Shogo (start screen)

---
It just plain takes too much mem -- then dies due to the OS saying ....no
more....
(I will have to test top at some point...)

Does Linux have the same mem problem? -- does top show like 4GB of VSIZE on
app start?

- Nick