Still can't even compile Wine at PowerPC-based Linux-box.

Phil Krylov phil at
Mon Oct 9 01:23:11 CDT 2006

Hi Peter,

If all you want is to build a Winelib program for Linux/ppc, you can
try to comment out shdocvw-related stuff from dlls/, and
rebuild. Will work fine if your application
does not want this particular dll.

On 09/10/06, Mike McCormack <mike at> wrote:
> > I have no clue how to debug this, so I would ask you: how can I fix
> > this strange situation?
> You need to understand C programming to fix this problem.
> Wine on PowerPC won't be able to do very much.  You might be able to run
> winemine and other WineLib programs that come with Wine, but you won't
> be able to run Windows binaries, as they require an x86 compatible
> processor.
> Mike

-- Ph.