Status of 64 bit Wine

Michael Ost most at museresearch.com
Mon Dec 1 19:31:33 CST 2008

Hi list,

Every once in a while my boss asks me about 64 bit wine. And today was
the day. So what's the status?

 From my understanding there are two parts to the question. First, is
anyone using a 64 bit build of Wine? How successfully? Does it pass the
internal wine tests?

And second, is there any progress on loading 64 bit windows binaries in
Wine? My understanding was that changes were needed to gcc to make that
happen. Is that correct? Is there any progress on that score?

And please correct any misunderstandings I may have.

Thanks... mo