Status of 64 bit Wine

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 07:31:39 CST 2008

Hi Michael,

Michael Ost schreef:
> Hi list,
>
> Every once in a while my boss asks me about 64 bit wine. And today was
> the day. So what's the status?
>
>  From my understanding there are two parts to the question. First, is
> anyone using a 64 bit build of Wine? How successfully? Does it pass the
> internal wine tests?

Been playing around with it a little bit for fun and profit. If you look
at the Wine64 wiki page you see the current state.
> And second, is there any progress on loading 64 bit windows binaries in
> Wine? My understanding was that changes were needed to gcc to make that
> happen. Is that correct? Is there any progress on that score?

The changes are mostly in, there is a bug in gcc with handling it, but I
got the patch for it so locally it works. Basic programs winelib
programs like winecfg work.
The most succesful binary I ran was a pacman for win64, but the only
thing it does is throw up a messagebox 'unable to load resources'.

Getting it in an AJ approved form is a bit harder, but I'm working on it.

Cheers,
Maarten.