Adding Mac joystick support -- build problem (resend)

Nick Burns adger44 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 21 20:45:33 CST 2008

> Resending this due to the terrible hotmail "formatting"
> Any tips for how to get legible emails out of hotmail without doubling up the newlines would be greatly appreciated
> Note: I cannot even read the emails I send from hotmail...
> -------
>
> I have a few tips for running built wine on OS X
>

> I have made some Apple specific mods to get wine (ogl) working
> Most of these are hacks to workaround some issues in xquartz X11 (and they got radars)
>

> 1 - Get/install an updated x11 (2.3.1+ has worked well for me)
> http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki
> 2 - Apply my attached patch (I have others for specific games -- but this is the base)
> 3 - Open X11 and goto your 'patched' wine tree
> 4 - (under xterm) Run 'autoconf' to regen yer configure script (my patch mods configure.ac)
> 5 - (under xterm) Run 'make depend && make && sudo make install'
>

> Now you should be able to run d3d and ogl windows apps under wine
>

> - Nick

I forget a important step -- for actually running apps...

6 - run terminal -- run the following (change PATH to match yer wine install path)
open -a X11
export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/lib:/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib/
export PATH=$PATH:/Library/Wine/bin
winecfg
wine my_app

-------
Also note that I generally run in the emulated virtual desktop mode (so keep that in mind if you have problems)

 - Nick