wined3d: Do not treat oversized textures as failure

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at
Sun Dec 28 09:37:04 CST 2008

2008/12/28 Vincent Pelletier <plr.vincent at>:
> Hi.
> Attached patch is enough to cure the failure in "Operation Flashpoint" when
> its menu is displayed on my little i945GM card.
> As the oversised case is (was) explicitely treated as a failure, I think there
> is some reasone for it. Does someone remember what it is for ?
In general you're not supposed to create textures larger than what the
hardware allows. I think SFLAG_OVERSIZE is used to allow ddraw to do
this anyway in certain cases, but I'm pretty sure this change isn't
correct for d3d8 and d3d9. I wonder if the pool has any effect on this