wined3d: Do not treat oversized textures as failure

Vincent Pelletier plr.vincent at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 10:02:56 CST 2008

Le Sunday 28 December 2008 16:53:44, vous avez écrit :
> This patch is wrong; You can't use oversized surfaces for 3D texturing
> because the driver doesn't support the given size.

So it seems fixing the crash I get requires to make CreateSurface fail when
texture is marked as oversized (currently it passes through
D3DCB_CreateSurface return value, which is WINED3D_OK), and fixing the leaks.
When CreateSurface returns an error, game menu stays on noticeably longer (but
notover 3 seconds or so). As it still crashed, I suspected a leak so I
artificially made oversized texture be accepted (to have it freed correctly).

> What is the texture size limit on your card, and what texture size does the
> game try to use?

It tries to create a 1024x1024 texture, and my card (Intel 945GM) is limited
to 512x512:

 glxinfo -l | grep GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE
    GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE = 512

--