winecfg.cpl: Add new control panel applet for winecfg

Juan Lang juan.lang at
Wed Jul 2 09:57:30 CDT 2008

> I'll look into that, then. I know that the shell namespace control panel
> does check the registry for entries (could you try using a program like the
> ReactOS Explorer to browse the control panel and see if it shows up there?),
> but I'm not sure if the standalone control.exe does. Ideally, the standalone
> control.exe would be replaced with a stub that launches the Explorer, but of
> course Wine doesn't have a built-in Explorer yet.

Wine's builtin control does just launch the shell's version of the
control panel, unless it's given an argument like "DESKTOP",
"DATE/TIME", etc.  See programs/control.c.

Those string arguments to control aren't functional, because the
control panel applets they reference don't exist in Wine.  Launching
control panel items via name is described in MSDN:
See especially "Executing Control Panel Items",

You might try to make some of those that have an analogue work in
Wine, especially the "Legacy Control Panel Commands" "desktop" and