winequartz.drv Mac OS X UI discontinued?

Jim White jim at pagesmiths.com
Sun Mar 2 23:00:18 CST 2008

Any developer that wants to maintain source and/or binaries on the
Darwine project at SF.net is welcome to do so.

I have responded to every such request that I have seen, which isn't to
say of course that someone hasn't sent such a message that I haven't
seen.  Folks should be aware that you must subscribe to the list to post
(although I do manually review posts from non-subscribers and try to put
through any that are actually about Darwine and not male enhancement or
get rich quick...).  It is true that questions from users trying to run
application X may not get much help other than being told Darwine isn't
ready for end users.

Of course folks are also welcome to host their own builds, and I'd be
happy if someone came along and just fixed the web site (which suffered
greatly in the move back to SF.net from opendarwin.org - I didn't want
to leave SF.net in the first place...), so we could point other folks to
those builds.

It was never my intention that Darwine be a fork of Wine, but rather a
friendly haven for Mac developers working on Wine.  If that means doing
more for users such as hosting binaries, then I'm fine with that too.

Geeze.  I just looked at the download stats and folks are pulling almost
300 copies a day (nearly 7GB).  It would be nice if they were using that
bandwidth to get something useful...

Jim White
http://darwine.sf.net/