[3/5] WineD3D: Implement texldd

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Tue Apr 28 11:41:59 CDT 2009

Am Dienstag, 28. April 2009 17:25:28 schrieb Henri Verbeet:
> 2009/4/28 Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com>:
> > +                    /* What good are texrect grad functions? I don't
> > know, but GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 defines them. +                    * There
> > is no GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod spec yet, so I don't know if they're
> > defined there +                     */
>
> So how are you using the extension without a spec?
Google magic. There's a blog entry on the OpenGL page describing the aim of
the extension, and there are other pages hinting that the functions work the
same way as those in GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, just with an ARB suffix instead of
an EXT.

As far as I understand it, the ARB is still arguing about some details of this
extension, but ATI and Apple went ahead and shipped the current state of this
extension even though there's no formal specification yet.

Obviously this extension is the only way to support texldd on ATI cards, if
there was a nicer one with a documented spec I'd prefer over this one.