DIB Engine : Almost 100% working

Massimo Del Fedele max at veneto.com
Mon May 11 06:37:03 CDT 2009

Henri Verbeet ha scritto:
> 2009/5/11 Joerg Mayer <jmayer at loplof.de>:
>> As I think that Alexandre has stated his preference (and I can understand
>> him taking a long term view), I want to ask the packagers for the distros
>> out there: Would it be OK for you to add the necessary patch into the
>> code that you distribute. Personally, that means Marcus and the openSUSE
>> wine packages :-)
>>
> While distributions are of course free to do that, keep in mind that
> that would also make them responsible for supporting that code. I'm
> not sure how feasible that would be for something so close to core
> Wine functionality.

As I told before, the engine almost doesn't touch wine core.
It just add an intermediate layer between gdi32 and winex11.drv
to handle DIBs.
If not enabled, it can't simply harm anything, gdi32 will take the
usual way through winex11.
And, last but not least, the drivers *needs* to be explicitely enabled
by end user.... if not, it's like it wouldn't exist.
There's nothing to maintain in wine related do the engine, nor the
way around. The engine as it is should be applicable to any future
wine version, as lon as it doesn't change hardly the driver's function
tables or driver loading in dlls/gdi32/driver.c, which is *very* unlikely
to happen.

Max