Please report mcicda (CDROM audio) test results

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu Aug 5 08:51:29 CDT 2010

Hi,

> Things you can try out using the interactive MCI shell:
> open cdaudio alias c
> status c type track 1
> set c time format tmsf
> seek c to start
> play c from 1 to 2 wait
>This works - I hear music.
What the test does is not fundamentally different. I'd
appreciate if you could isolate the part that causes havoc.

status c position
resume c # yields MCIERR_HARDWARE
seek c to start notify
status c type track 1
set c time format tmsf
play from <1_or_last_track> notify

> waiting a minute, it hasn't returned to accepting input
>here, so I've ^C.
Really? Wait never failed on me.
Did you perhaps get confused because no prompt ever
appears? Just hit return to get MCIERR_MISSING_COMMAND_STRING.

>The data+audio cd as previously used:
>mcicda.c:372: Tests skipped: Got no mixed data+audio CD.
The source code led me to believe that data tracks always come
first. Perhaps that's a broken assumption. What's the response to:
status c type track 1
status c type track 2
status c type track ... until the last one?
I'd expect
Other [typically 1 single data track]
Audio [for track 2..n]

Thank you,