New and subtle ddraw:dsurface test failure

Oldřich Jedlička oldium.pro at seznam.cz
Mon Aug 9 00:31:54 CDT 2010

Hi W,

On Sunday 08 August 2010 11:21:35 wylda at volny.cz wrote:
> Hi,

just noticed some new and subtle failure in ddraw:dsurface
> tests. I don't
know how closely you watch and study tests
> results, so i thought it might
be a good idea bring it the
> the light. Sorry if not ;-)
>
> Compared
WinXP 277040d92454 vs 8b2a403a7dc3 (latest vs last
> Friday).

Interestingly does not happen on Intel and nVidia 64bit. So
> the only
affected is nVidia 32bit.

Do you mean this problem?

ddraw:dsurface start -
-
dsurface.c:419: Tests skipped: Failed to create surface
dsurface.c:801:
Test failed: IDirectDraw7_QueryInterface returned 80004002
dsurface.c:808:
this is the last test seen before the exception
dsurface: unhandled
exception c0000005 at 00413A29
ddraw:dsurface done (4294967295)

I've seen
this also during my first tests. From my understanding the problem of
unhandled exception is caused by query interface failure. For me it looks
like that DirectDraw7 isn't supported on the system
(E_NOINTERFACE).

Oldřich.

> (For my education) Generally, when the test
fails in Windows
> world, it means that the test is wrongly written or not

supported under the tested Windows version? (not blaming
> anyone, just
asking how things work;)
> And the last question is about MSI failures and
timeouts
> which some boxes suffers... In my case the  "powerful"
> succeeds
and the "weak" timeouts here (and not just mine).
> Shouldn't be the timeout
prolonged?

> Regards,
> W.
>
> PS: I probably missed "gratulation
time" for v1.2, so at
> least i wish all the goodness to 1.3.xx line! And
hope i