[1/3] wined3d: Add a new enum for GL_EXT_geometry_shader4

Matteo Bruni matteo.mystral at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 14:54:02 CST 2014

> On Monday 24 November 2014 09:39:14 Henri Verbeet wrote:
>> I don't think we want this. We're never going to use
>> EXT_geometry_shader4, and in fact are likely to drop
>> ARB_geometry_shader4 in favour of just using core contexts. We should
>> just do the work to make core contexts work. Matteo has some initial
>> patches if you'd like to help out with that.
> The sole purpose of this is to allow the fallback code to identify DX10
> capable cards *now*, before the core contexts work is done. Do you think the
> code for using core contexts could become a reality in a reasonable time
> frame? This year? Early next year?

Not going to happen this year, hopefully at some point next year.
I agree with Henri that it isn't probably worth to add this kind of
stuff just for the fallback.

> BTW, where can I find those patches? I don't remember seeing something like
> that on the mailing list.

I haven't published them anywhere yet. They are still in quite a rough
shape at the moment and I know I need to rewrite a few parts. Also
patches are pretty much in the order in which I written them and I've
got a few commits fixing stuff in earlier ones (which obviously need
to be merged), or patches which need to be splitted and such.
I guess I could put the series somewhere publicly accessible like
GitHub, after some cleanup to achieve a minimum level of decency, but
in general you would have to expect a lot of rebases and stuff like
that even then.

My general plan is to start sending the initial patches "soon". There
are a few prerequisite changes / additions to the Mac driver, opengl32
and wined3d which are quite independent from the rest and hopefully
should be in submission-quality in a few days or so. After them it
will be probably the turn of removing the use of builtin FFP variables
in our GLSL shaders, which is one of those parts of my patch series
which still needs significant cleanup...