Wine developer frustration (was Re: ntdll: Improve stub of NtQueryEaFile.)

Marc Bessières marc.bessieres at mykolab.com
Mon Jun 15 15:30:19 CDT 2015

Le lundi 15 juin 2015, 21:59:24 GOUJON Alexandre a écrit :
> On 06/15/2015 06:31 PM, Jeremy White wrote:
>
> And why ?
> I guess AJ does too many things, lacks time and manpower.
I agree, I think AJ and the core Wine developers are overloaded and maybe
close to burn out.
So they don't have the energy to build a welcoming developer community.
As wineHQ is not a welcoming as it could be, the community does not grow, so
they are not many new developers that can help the share the workload.
So the core Wine developers are overloaded and we sadly close the circle :(

[..]

> Any other thoughts ?

I have an idea to help AJ, but it might be a bit too "heretic":

-Give commit access to more people

For example I'd presume Henri and Stefan could be trusted with all the d3d
stuff, and others with other parts.

So:
-  AJ would have more time for other important activities.
- more people can give the final feedback if a patch is accepted or rejected

Cheers,
Marc

PS: Just some facts about me. I'm not a wine developer(yet). I tried a bit
earlier this year. My patches/messages didn't receive much feedback which I
can understand giving the workload of the people here, so I kind of gave up..
But I would still like to hack on wine.