wine Presentation at ubucon Berlin - Powered by Codeweavers and Software Freedom Conservancy Project

Maik Wagner maiktapwagner at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 02:16:26 CDT 2015

Hello everyone,

thanks to Jeremy White and Sebastian (who made me aware of this) I have
received funding to hold a presentation on wine in Berlin.

The conference is called ubucon and is focussed on Ubuntu Linux which
takes place from 23-25 October in Berlin at the premises of a privately
owned higher education institution in Friedrichstraße.

There is a quite well-known forum at ubuntuusers.de where I give regular
support concerning wine. It's mostly helping people getting their games
to run and Microsoft Office issues also come up frequently.

I post a link to my presentation which will take about one hour. The
time slot afterwards is still free and I am willing to take this longer
if the room is still free and people are interested

http://ubucon.de/2015/programm#wine

I have attached the slides which I have developed so far and I can
certainly change the master slides to match a more wine-centric
"corporate identity" if there is any.

I will be leaving for Berlin next Friday and will be available during
the whole conference if people are interested in talking to me. You can
also ask me about "Crossover" as I am regularly submitting Beta-reports
and made it to "Mythical" ranking. I am also maintaining some
applications in AppDB (Fifa 2005 Demo, Crazy Taxi Demo, Nerf Arena Blast
and Fotostation Pro)

I will be bringing my Slackware 14.1 laptop as wine always compiles fine
on this machine. It is a fairly old laptop though and still on 32-bits
and a fairly broken graphics stack but I think it should be alright to
show people that there is a development version around. I will also test
and present some demos and show people how to file reports in AppDB.

I will be reporting back on how the presentation went on this
mailing-list as this is part of the sponsorship deal. Again, thanks to
everyone who supported this.

Please feel free to write to me and share some ideas, comments etc.

Best regards,

Maik Wagner