Who decides what are good translations war: Update German translation.

Florian Pelz pelzflorian at pelzflorian.de
Sat Sep 5 05:01:39 CDT 2015

On 09/05/2015 08:10 AM, Alex Henrie wrote:
> My point though is that if you are
> having a hard time deciding which German word is appropriate for Wine,
> I would give a lot of consideration to which German word Windows uses.

I agree. In general, we should see what Windows does and do something
similar.

However, to get back to German: The uninstaller does not exist in
Windows AFAIK. I can't find such a program in Windows 98. Windows XP has
something called Software in the system control panel. What comes
closest is "Programme ändern oder entfernen" in Win10, however the term
"deinstallieren" is used in other places. I still think we should keep
the German Anwendungsentferner instead of a more English Uninstaller.