[v4 1/6] d3dx9: add test for preshader in effect.

Paul Gofman gofmanp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 18:02:42 CDT 2016

On 03/19/2016 12:52 AM, Matteo Bruni wrote:

> I don't like that broken(), it isn't checking much (i.e. the condition
> is true for almost any value) and overloading the "todo" field for
> that doesn't seem too clean.
>
> Maybe something like this for the test results table would help:
>
> static const struct
> {
>     const char *name;
>     unsigned int expected[4];
>     BOOL todo[4];
>     unsigned int expected_broken[4];
> }
>
> I think all the broken results are != 0 so expected_broken also works
> as a flag. If that's not the case you can add explicit "BOOL
> broken[4]" flags.
> You can then leave out the todo and expected_broken fields for the
> table entries which don't require them, since they end up
> zero-initialized.

Maybe then I would rather get rid of "broken" macro at all and rather
check different values for 32 bit and 64 bit arch, using expected_64bit
instead of expected_broken, which will be filled up only where are the
differences? Then there will be a bit of Wine todo's left in the end of
the series (4 for win32 and 1 for win64), which are actually there but
now not explicitly marked as todo (test results have the value matching
wine but "broken" on either win32 or win64).