prelink

Nathan version2013 at openmailbox.org
Sun Mar 20 16:20:22 CDT 2016

Marcus Meissner wrote:
> This means your binutils version might not yet support the -Wl,-Ttext-segment option.
>
> Ciao, Marcus

Thanks for the information and links.

A distro I compile in:

ld --version
GNU ld (Linux/GNU Binutils) 2.18.50.0.2.20071001

Another distro I compile in:

ld --version
GNU ld (Linux/GNU Binutils) 2.20.51.0.2.20091009
Copyright 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc

It is good to know that when I decide to compile with a newer version of
my distro, with the included updated 'GNU ld', I will no longer need
prelink.

Nathan