Student interested in GSoC 2016 implementing D3DX9 API idea

Xu Zhao i at xuzhao.net
Tue Mar 22 13:32:15 CDT 2016

Hello Matteo,

I spent some time reading the code as well as read several current bugs
from bugzilla.
I think working on fonts and mesh related APIs is good for this GSoC
project, for example:
d3dx:ID3DXFontImpl_DrawText
d3dx:ID3DXFontImpl_PreloadText
d3dx:ID3DXFontImpl_OnLostDevice
d3dx:ID3DXFontImpl_OnResetDevice
d3dx:D3DXCreateFontIndirect
d3dx:ID3DXMeshImpl_OptimizeInplace

I am also interested in following surface API if I got more time.
d3dx:D3DXLoadSurfaceFromMemory

Here is my current proposal:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i8de2gWloRMJeDuziAfwqq65pBeGrQ3bXjvzQBBAdSk/edit#
What do you think?