Coverity reports for test suite

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 12:09:39 CST 2017

On 26.02.2017 20:53, Alex Henrie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently noticed that we don't currently get Coverity reports for
> files in the test suite. I emailed Amine Khaldi, who does the Coverity
> reports, and asked if we could start getting reports on the tests.
> Amine made it sound like this had been discussed before and due to the
> large volume of reports, there was not interest in getting reports for
> anything other than the actual Wine code.
>
> Is there enough interest now to start looking at the test suite
> reports? Would it hurt anything to be able to see that information?
>
> -Alex

Yes, we discussed this on irc at some point, by we I mean Amine and
myself, and that's probably what he meant. I don't think it makes sense
to scan tests yet, I'd expect noise rate to be overwhelming, resulting
in thousands on reports of little to no value, like missing return value
checks. We still have hundreds of potentially valuable ones for
implementation part, that not a lot of people are looking at.

So for the last question, I'm worried that it would hurt in a way that
reports we potentially care about will get buried. Of course I could be
wrong, we could simply try once and see what happens. I'm not sure
actually what happens to reports when next scan does not include failed
files, you'll probably lose all comments, report status updates etc.

If you have time to clean some of existing ones, that would be greatly
appreciated.