Unreviewed patchset

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jun 6 17:12:38 CDT 2019

Fabian Maurer <dark.shadow4 at web.de> writes:

> Hello Alexandre,
>
> thanks for your response.
> Yes I'm talking about "ntdll: Add test for environment variables in PEB
> block".
> I wasn't aware it was rejected, so I assumed it's just that there is doubt
> that an interactive test like this is useful.

I believe I had marked it as rejected after the first comments, but
maybe that was for the first version of the patch.

> Well, it works in a predictable (yet inconsistent) behavior on windows, as my
> test proves. There is a usecase that works on windows, but not on wine, so I
> consider that enough to warrant a change. If you don't consider an edge case
> like this important enough though, then that's how it is, and I'll drop it.

I don't think that single test case is enough to determine the exact
Windows behavior, and I don't see a need to add complexity if the
behavior is still not correct after the change. But I don't think either
that it's worth investigating in more detail until we find an app that
depends on this.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org