Unreviewed patchset

Fabian Maurer dark.shadow4 at web.de
Thu Jun 6 12:41:05 CDT 2019

Hello Alexandre,

thanks for your response.
Yes I'm talking about "ntdll: Add test for environment variables in PEB
block".
I wasn't aware it was rejected, so I assumed it's just that there is doubt
that an interactive test like this is useful.

It stopped with my mail
"I'd still prefer to have it in the tests, that way it's easy available if you
want to run it. I mean, it's an interactive test, they are meant to be run on
demand, no?"
and the patchtracker didn't say anything either.
I still would consider a test case that's on demand to be worthy of inclusion.
It's there if anyone wants to confirm the behavior, easier than having to pull
it from some bugreport.

> it's not clear that there's anything to fix since it doesn't work so well in
Windows either according to the bug reporter. You'd need to make a more
convincing case that we really need this.

Well, it works in a predictable (yet inconsistent) behavior on windows, as my
test proves. There is a usecase that works on windows, but not on wine, so I
consider that enough to warrant a change. If you don't consider an edge case
like this important enough though, then that's how it is, and I'll drop it.

Regards,
Fabian Maurer