Ubuntu 19.10 will be 64 bit only

Jens Reyer jre.winesim at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 12:54:09 CDT 2019

Hi everyone,

good news:

https://ubuntu.com/blog/statement-on-32-bit-i386-packages-for-ubuntu-19-10-and-20-04-lts

"Thanks to the huge amount of feedback this weekend from gamers, Ubuntu
Studio, and the WINE community, we will change our plan and build
selected 32-bit i386 packages for Ubuntu 19.10 and 20.04 LTS.

We will put in place a community process to determine which 32-bit
packages are needed to support legacy software, and can add to that list
post-release if we miss something that is needed.
[...]
We will also work with the WINE, Ubuntu Studio and gaming communities to
use container technology to address the ultimate end of life of 32-bit
libraries; it should stay possible to run old applications on newer
versions of Ubuntu. Snaps and LXD enable us both to have complete 32-bit
environments, and bundled libraries, to solve these issues in the long term.
[...]
 It has always been our intention to maintain users’ ability to run
32-bit applications on 64-bit Ubuntu – our kernels specifically support
that.
[...]"