cross compilation

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at orange.fr
Wed Oct 13 06:53:24 CDT 2021

Le 12/10/2021 à 20:37, Alexandre Julliard a écrit :
> Eric Pouech<eric.pouech at orange.fr>  writes:

>>> It's disabled on 64-bit because most places are still using the Unix
>>> formats. This will have to be fixed eventually, and -Wno-format will
>>> then be applied to non-Mingw builds instead.
>> you mean replacing all the the %l[udx] (lower case l) by %I[udx]
>> (upper case i) ?
> Yes, but there are other issues, like the fact that we use long instead
> of int on 32-bit. It will take some thought to find a way to do the
> transition without having to fix a million warnings at once.

for the record, out of the 1300 Mafile.in in the wine tree, only ~180(*)
generate warnings when removing the -Wno-format

this really calls for removing the -Wno-format and add the -Wno-format
on a per directory basis

would such a thing be acceptable?

i tried currently with hijacking EXTRAINCL (by appending the -Wno-format
in Makefile.in) and tweaking makedep to support it

in the tweaking, I made the flag inheritable across the PARENT
relationship (hence the (*) count above is an underestimation as all
subdirs with PARENT are not included in the count)

but that's not 100% satisfactory, isn't it?

I was rather tempted to add the attributes format in .h files only when
WINE_NO_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT isn't defined, and append for subdirs that
don't support it that define to the EXTRADEF

comments welcomed

A+