wine/problem with sound interference

Rein Klazes rklazes at casema.net
Sun Apr 1 09:51:29 CDT 2001

On Sun, 01 Apr 2001 15:33:34 +0200, in comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine
Peter Petersen <pepe-despamit-99 at gmx.net> wrote:

> >So perhaps you can tell us the exact version that broke socksifying?
>
> Haha.
> How could I answer that?
> That's my question! :)

I'm afraid I can't offer you an easy answer. It appears that none of
the wine-developers use runsocks, you seem to be in a better position
to answer it.

Try it out. Learn how to build wine from source. Old versions of wine
are still on the net, or use cvs. If you do a binary search approach
this shouldn't take too long.

Knowing which version broke socksifying, so we can tell why and
perhaps fix the problem (although the chances may not be so good).

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at casema.net