preload vxd

lawson_whitney at lawson_whitney at
Sun Jul 8 18:13:36 CDT 2001

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, hoshy wrote:

> so our answer is the mp3 player transfer software is likly to never work...
I didn't say that, exactly.  If you or someone wants to implement those
VXD's as wine builtins, sure it can work.  I did say wine is not going
to load just any old vxd that walks in off the street and run it.
I've never used win4lin, but I understand it runs vxd's as, in effect,
linux kernel modules, and achieves a reliability almost as poor as
windows'.  Maybe somebody can figure out how to run these things inside
a virtual machine, but it is likely to be hideously complex and slow.