Microsoft "Windows for Linux"

Mikkel Elmholdt mikkel.elmholdt at vip.cybercity.dk
Thu May 10 13:59:15 CDT 2001

"Matthew Gardiner" <kiwiunix at ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
news:3AFA4580.2DA22043 at ihug.co.nz...
> > Why not just release the Office version for Linux they almost certainly
has
> > created somewhere deep inside the Redmond compound? (just as it was
rumoured
> > that they had ported several programs to OS/2 but held it back due to
> > marketing policies).
> >
> > Mikkel
> What's wrong with Corel Wordperfect Suite 2000 for Linux? I'm running it
> on a PIII w/ Kernel 2.4.4 and it is 99% close to native app speed.
>
> Erik, if you are reading, what has MS Office got that Wordperfect Suite
> hasn't? I've got Wordperfect, Quattro Pro, Presentations, Corel Central
> and Paradox, all the features or MS Office and more.
>
> Matthew Gardiner

Always been a bit suspicious towards inter-suite file format conversions
(seen it fail too many times). And I have generally detested WP since their
fatal version 6.0 for Windows (what a piece of crap - that thing alone made
me switch to Word 6.0). But it seems that you have a good experience here
with WP file conversions from Office? Does that also aply to Office 2000
formats?

Mikkel