Ongoing Eudora problems and a thanks

Michael S. Moulton mmoulton at vt.edu
Wed Oct 24 17:09:10 CDT 2001

First off, thanks to the Wine team-- the 10/4 build is the closest to
working well with Eudora I have had since the one I currently run, which
was 1/12/01.

Second, thanks to Lawson Whitney for sending me the socket patch so I
could get the 10/4 build on the net!

Now, Eudora Light 3.0.5 is running much better under the 10/4 build.  A
few little things are still wrong.
Running just "wine --managed eudora.exe" seems to work pretty well, but
there are a few issues with the mailbox list down the left side.  The
main one being that mailboxes with no mail aren't bold like they should
be.

So, I went ahead and tried "wine --managed --dll comctl32=native
eudora.exe".  This is the way I have to run it under the 1/12 build, so
it's the one I fall back to when the defaults don't work perfectly under
newer builds.  This works very well, except for 2 things.  First, it's
significantly slower than the 1/12 build when opening/closing windows.
Second (this is the killer)-- if Eudora is minimized, and a new message
comes in, the mailbox window shrinks to its smallest possible size.  This
is really really annoying :)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
--Mike