updating wine on mandrake 8.0

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Oct 26 16:03:39 CDT 2001

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, phiLLip maDDux II wrote:

> Thanks for getting me started..
>
> Well I tried it and to test it I tried to run solitaire (sol.exe), and I
> get the following error messages
>
> fixme:x11drv:OBM_CreateBitmaps Xpm support not in the binary, please
> install the Xpm and Xpm-devel packages and recompile
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x40a1a604 "?" wait timed
> out, retrying (60 sec) fs=008f
>
> Will installing Xpm and Xpm-devel packages fix this? If so where can I
> get it? Thanks you!

On mandrake 7.2 the packages were:

xpm-3.4k-10mdk
xpm-devel-3.4k-6mdk

xpm-devel is on the extensions CD.  You need both.

I think I saw on this ML Mandrake 8.0 renamed them libxpm and
libxpm-devel.

| Under Mandrake 8 I have 2 lines
|
| libxpm4-devel-3.4k-16mdk
| libxpm4-3.4k-16mdk
|
| Gerard

After you install them,

cd <wine>
make distclean
./configure

If you like, substitute tools/wineinstall for ./configure, I guess.
I always do it by hand.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!