wine serial support

Raul Dias chaos at swi.com.br
Fri Sep 14 16:41:04 CDT 2001

Hi,

I use wine to run a terminal emulator (NetTerm).
It connects to a Linux Server (it was meant to run from windows) that runs a commerce software.

This Linux commerce software sends the terminal emulator escape codes to interface with a
"ticket" printer attached to a serial port.

The reason to go thru all this problem is that the printer has a proprietary, closed source driver
for windows only and interface only with netterm.

With wine 20001026 this works greatfull.  The application takes 3 seconds to startup
in a P133 machine.

However, the serial communication part does not work with the later versions of wine
like 20010731.  The application reports as if there is no serial port and wine complains
with some fixmes about comm support.

Did wine suffered a big serial change over the last year?

Now the important thing:
What can I do to help debug this problem (and make it work
on latest wine versions)?
Run it in the latest wine with --debugmsg +all is enough?

Regards,

Raul Dias