cannot build/install

Ben Timby btimby_indy at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 7 17:10:49 CST 2002

I am trying for the first time to get wine to build on
my FreeBSD machine. I have XFree86 4 and FBSD 4.7, I
tried building from source, using the sequence:

./configure
make depend
make install

and also, using the ./tools/wineinstall script. Both
of them produce the following error:

 --
cd `dirname avifil32/__install__` && make install
../../tools/mkinstalldirs /usr/local/lib/wine

Stop in /usr/home/btimby/wine-20021125/dlls.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/btimby/wine-20021125.

Either you entered an incorrect password or we failed
to run
'make install' correctly.
If you didn't enter an incorrect password then please
error and any steps to possibly reproduce it to
http://bugs.winehq.com/

Installation failed, aborting.
 --

I know that I typed my password correctly. What else
could I be doing wrong?

TIA.

Ben Timby.