need help installing wine...Please!

Martin Williams martin at mjjw.dyndns.org
Mon Dec 9 13:20:43 CST 2002

The /root/.bashrc permission denied is because it cant read that file -
your not logged in as root (contrary to what the person below has
written see the line [JoKeR at WhItEWidoW wine-20021125] - root access here
only if you have applied the root hack to that user account in the
passwd file - although this is not really recomended). Try logging in as
root and installing wine - normally you have to be logged in as root to
install anything anyway, as normally installs of programs need to write
files to protected directories. Finally, you may have more luck download
the latest rpm and installing that - under redhat 8.0 just double-click
the downloaded rpm (even as a normal user) then type in the root
password (if not logged in as root) and that will install it for you -
much simpler!

Martin.