Chris Berry compjma at
Thu Oct 17 17:10:02 CDT 2002

>From: Justin <justintyme at>
>The program will only run if I use version nt40, else it gives unhandled
>exception, starting debugger.... but the debugger never launches, though
>I've used it
>successfully in the past and its mapped to a dos drive, and set up in the

Unless its an nt40 program, I'd start with this, sound like something in
your configuration is a bit off.

>>What version of linux are you using?
>Redhat 7.3 up2date.

That shouldn't be the problem then.

>If I change my keyboard setting in kde from the defaults to, say Canadian
>US,  and pc101 or microsoft natural
>pro, wine then gives a different error saying it couldn't find a keyboard
>layout, and using closest match ..
>brazlian ? lol

When you tried the vanilla keyboard, did you try setting it to US pc101 (it
is a 101 keyboard right?)

>Where does wine get its keyboard information? Xwindows? Shouldn't I be able
>to pick a keyboard setting
>soemwhere to get around this, even if it doesn't allow me full use of
>whatever keyboard I'm actually

Try "man xmodmap" I think this is the command you're looking for as long as
WINE is set to use x11drv.

Chris Berry
compjma at
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Ok, so the servers are down, the lights are out, and all I have to work
with is a roll of duct tape, a ball point pen, a lighter, and a twenty year
old copy of emacs.  Where's the problem? "