Windows program detects debugger and quits

Paul pej2000 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 25 18:45:05 CDT 2002

On Friday 25 October 2002 05:24 pm, Rizsanyi Zsolt wrote:
> On Saturday 26 October 2002 00:50, Paul wrote:
> > Thanks again for the response.
> > The ACR disc is Safedisc 2 protected. I've used Winex to play a Safedisc2
> > protected game, so I understand that this is not an absolute limitation.
> > Unfortunately, winex apparently doesn't have MDAC worked out (whatever
> > that is) as the install crashes there.
> >
> > The document you sent suggests that safedisc 1 should work with the
> > current wine version, and suggests trying different winverions. I edited
> > my config file several times with different version but with no success.
> > Error: A debugger has been detected. Unload debugger and try again.
>
> Current wine is not enough. You also need the patch for safedisc, which was
> never applied to wine, because it has to be cleaned up before.
> The patch was sent to wine-patches by Laurent Pinchart. But that patch
> would not apply cleanly, because some things have changed in wine since
> then.
>
> I have made the necessary changes to apply it to current cvs, I could send
> you the patch.
> Just you will have to wait some days till I get a definite answer to my
> question on wine-devel. Currenlty I have a cvs conflict and I would like to
> resolve it the correct way, and hope the help of the wine gurus for that.
>
> Do you use cvs? Can the patch be against cvs or should be against a
> release?
>
> > I'm not sure if installing with wine and running with winex would be very
> > easy to do.
>
> That would not be that hard, but requires quite much work (making a config
> file for wine which uses the root dir of winex).
>
> Regards
> Zsolt
My version of Wine is just the standard downloaded package
(Wine-20021007.tar.gz) compiled and installed with the winetools script
provided.  I have never used CVS or patched anything for that matter. I would
love to give this a try when you are ready, but would also request
instructions on how to patch, recompile and install the new version. I am
sure its not too difficult, but I'm definitely an end user rather than a
programmer.

Thanks again
Best regards,
Paul