WINSPOOL.DRV not found

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sun Oct 27 10:35:15 CST 2002

Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
>>Duane Clark wrote:
>>
>>Well... you should have winspool.drv. It is part of Wine. Perhaps give
>>more info, like what version of Wine you are running,
>
> Wine's version is 20020904.
>
> I'm using the wine package from Debian Woody. I already tried the unstable
> version of the wine package, but had unmet dependencies (requires GLIBC_2.3
> and Debian doesn't seem to have this version yet - even in unstable).
>
>>If you compile Wine off winehq.com, then winspool.drv.so
>>would normally be in /usr/local/lib/wine.
>
> Seems to be /usr/lib/wine on my system, but there (and on the whole system)
> is no winspool.drv.so
>
> I also checked if the file was deleted accidently, but it's completely
> missing in the libwine package.

A little strange. Maybe they have compiled Wine in such a way that the
winspool file isn't used. In which case maybe you have pieces left over
from another Wine install? Which might be conflicting.

Otherwise, I guess query the package maintainers, or get the source and
compile it (in which case, be sure to uninstall the old package).