Wine hangs on startup

Kristian Amlie k_amlie at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 19:12:21 CST 2003

Ok, I finally managed to find the source of the problem. The problem
was the file "wsock32.dll". Native version won't work, since windows
doesn't know how to interface with linux network. But builtin doesn't
work either, because it seems to be broken (at least for me), after the
20030408 release. So to solve my own problem, I replaced it with the
version from 20030408, and now everything is running smoothly.
This is not a good fix, of course, so I'll see what else I can find out
about it later, and if someone has a clue about this, let me know!

Kristian Amlie